Tuesday, October 25, 2005

B&C: "Comedy Central Strikes Motherload"

Broadcasting & Cable reports that Comedy Central is launching Motherload, a five-channel broadband service, on November 1st.

Motherload will feature clips from Comedy Central shows and promo material, but will also have original programming. I hope this is a return to the great days of the late, lamented icebox.com. (Speaking of which, it is still possible to enjoy two of Icebox's most politically incorrect and hilarious shows: Queer Duck, webisodes of which are on Showtime's site; and my personal favorite, Mr. Wong, which is available at the ghost of Icebox and on DVD.)

I am psyched for anything that gives more funny people more venues to be funny, so I'm looking forward to Motherload... so much so that I'm willing to overlook Comedy Central's questionable spelling.

Motherload isn't live yet, but when it is, it will be at http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/

No comments: