Thursday, November 24, 2005

Aha! I Finally Remembered!

Okay, so remember a couple of weeks ago, when Donald Trump made his infamous gay/straight analogy? About how some guys are guy, some guys are straight, "That's why they have menus in restaurants. I like steak, somebody else likes spaghetti."

It was odd and people were sort of skeeved out.

But it's been nagging at me ever since. I've heard it before.

And tonight during the
Apprentice clip show I finally remembered where.

It was in the restored version of
Spartacus, in the bath scene with Laurence Olivier and Tony Curtis, when Olivier (I think it was actually Anthony Hopkins dubbing for him) says that some people like snails, some people like oysters, and he happens to like both, implying that he is bi (all for the benefit of glistening young Tony).

(Which actually then made me think of Clay giving Donald a bath, so I put the whole thing out of my mind and looked at the Jessica Simpson pictures again.)

1 comment:

Tony Comstock said...

I remember it as, "Some poeple like mussels, some people like snail. Some people like mussels and snails."

I like steak and spaghetti too.