Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Fan Fiction

Sure, we've all heard of fan fiction -- stories written by fans that tell stories, sometimes erotic, about the characters in TV shows. And we've all heard that there are countless fan fiction websites devoted to shows like Stargate and Star Trek: The Next Generation and Lost...

But did you know there is
Diagnosis Murder fan fiction? How about Greatest American Hero? Presidio Med?

All this and a lot more, including movie fan fiction, is freely available for browsing at fanfiction.net. The site's well designed and there's a real feeling of empowerment here, as you can feel fans taking the lives of characters they love into their own hands and shaping new adventures for them.

I was so inspired that I have begun crafting my own fan fiction. I have, so far, written more than a dozen stories starring myself and
The Today Show's Natalie Morales and Alexis Glick.

No comments: