Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Folks Who Get It Right

picture from www.wordfiles.info


I've been complaining a bit, so I thought I might as well tell you about some people and products who get the job done the right way, the first time, and at the right price. I get no money from any of these, just the satisfaction of sending you to the right folks for the job.

First of all, I've tried every universal remote out there, and none of them are as easy to use -- yet as versatile -- as the Harmony 880 from Logitech. I'm generally leery of remotes you have to program with a computer, but this one was effortless... much moreso than previous Harmony remotes, which were nightmares (at least for me). I have thoroughly enjoyed using this remote, and here's the highest praise: I use it instead of the TiVo remote.

I have also had some tough times with car audio installs. We're not talking about a job for Xzibit here, I'm just talking about wanting to take my iPod on the road. It always ends up being a hassle. And in my Escape Hybrid, it ended up being a very expensive hassle, as installer after installer told me it was impossible to even have an iPod in an Escape (without the dreaded FM modulation, which is just wrong), or actually crippled key auto functions in order to jury-rig a half-assed solution. Then I found Victor Chavez, and he did it fast, right and reasonable. Check out his work: he's a really good guy, and he can do big jobs or small. (His website is siriousabooutthis.tripod.com)

If you're still going out to do your shopping, you're missing out. Here in Southern California, Vons and Albertsons deliver, and do a great job (I personally prefer Vons' meat and produce choices, but YMMV)... and you're not even allowed to tip. As always, if your delivery person does a good job, be sure to let customer service know. An email or phone call costs you nothing but can mean a lot come salary review time.

And finally, I may be tempting fate here, but I have not had a cold in over a year (knock wood!)... not since I bought the VIOlight. It's a toothbrush holder that sanitizes your toothbrush with germicidal UV light. Okay, and it also gives off a really cool purplish glow. Hey, who knows, all I can say is it seems like it makes sense, and I feel powerful each time I blast the little microbes trying to gain a foothold on my toothbrush, and that's gotta be worth something.

No comments: