Friday, November 25, 2005

Rent: The 30-Second Version

(Part One of an ongoing series wherein I take movies, even though I haven't seen them yet and have no idea what happens in them, and rewrite them to fit today's faster-paced lifestyles.)


RENT

FADE IN:

[There is a knock on the door]

FREE SPIRIT: Who is it?

LANDLORD: The landlord. Um, listen, could you not throw flaming trash off the terrace?

FREE SPIRIT: But we were celebrating life and love.

LANDLORD: Yeah, well, someone has to clean up your "celebration." Namely me. Celebrate inside. And not by running up the beams and doing flips. Which by the way, I can hear you doing all night.

FREE SPIRIT: Oh. Sorry.

LANDLORD: While I got you, you realize you haven't paid your rent in a year. Do you know how many minutes that is?

THE END.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thank you!! You are going to save me so much time and money with this series!