Sunday, November 06, 2005

True Story of Customer (Dis) Satisfaction

I just received an email from a major electronics superstore retailer and website... the very opposite, you might say, of a place to find the worst buy. Here is how the email, regarding an order I placed over a month ago, kicked off:

Dear Michael:

The items listed below are still not yet available to be shipped. If we are unable to ship this order in 5 days, it will be canceled.

If you would like an extension on the backorder date or have questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-___________.


Putting aside for the moment the bad taste left by an e-tailer cancelling your order unless you call and tell them not to...

What, you might ask, are these items I ordered? Items so rare and specialized that after a month this major retailer has thrown up its hands and said, "Well, hell, where are we supposed to find these things?"

They are: DVD's of Big, True Lies, and Dude Where's My Car?

Oh, so hard to find. More precious than rubies.

I could probably walk into my local brick-and-mortar version of this store and pluck them off the shelves, but I think we all know I ain't doing that.

Do stores even try to please customers anymore?

No comments: