Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Here's How You Know The Black Eyed Peas Are Overexposed

I once registered at a little barbecue joint in Vegas, and ever since then I get emails from them every now and then.

This morning I got one with the subject line "Black Eyed Peas To Ring In The New Year"... I deleted it without reading it, thinking, "Jesus, the Peas have got to choose their bookings more carefully. This is sad."

It was fully a half hour later that it hit me. I went back to my computer and retrieved the email: they meant actual black eyed peas! (Apparently eating them on New Year's Day is good luck.)

2 comments:

miriam said...

It is a custom to eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day down South. It brings you good luck.

Michael Markowitz said...

Thanks for confirming that, Miriam, I need all the luck I can get!