Friday, December 02, 2005

Why I Love The Apprentice (Possible Spoilers)

I don't know about you, but the last two nights have been perfect examples of why I love watching The Apprentice (yes, even the Martha Stewart one).

Both shows offered unusually one-sided victories. Yet watching the scenes where one project manager methodically destroys any chances of victory, in the most psychotic way possible, was fascinating.

Even moreso was that, in both cases, the offending P.M. walked into the judging with a gigantic, shit-eating "Aw Yeah, it's in the bag" grin on their face that was astounding if you'd seen any of what came before. How can people be so blissfully unaware of their own shortcomings? (How likely is it that you and I do that all the time?)

Then, watching the spin in the boardroom? Knowing who was full of shit? The astonishing finger-pointing? The almost supernatural lack of self-awareness? I love it!

1 comment:

Max Koch said...

SO WITH YOU, MARK! I can't tell you how much Nic and I LEARN from watching that show. And are you KIDDING ME with the Donald's (staged?) reactions to stuff? He kills me.

Loved your Alanis suggestion, BTW. I'm on it.