Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Meant to Liveblog the State of the Union, I Swear

But I couldn't do it. Right from the start, when Bush started talking about how much he hates partisanship, and how even though the parties disagree, there's never any excuse for hatred or disrespect...

...and sitting right behind him is Dick Cheney, the man who told Senator Leahy "Go fuck yourself" on the Senate floor -- but said it was okay because the Senate wasn't in session at the time -- and...

...then it took him about two minutes to say "9/11"...

I couldn't take it anymore. I turned on The Bachelor. Ahhhhhh... Much better...

1 comment:

Boski93 said...

I understand. I tired to watch at the gym and I had to stop or I was going to throw something at the monitor.

I do have to admit that I could see Geogre was so please with himself as he handed a copy of his speech to the Speaker and Darth Cheney. He had the look of, "look I wrote all in cursive and I stayed inside the lines." George will be so happy when he see Grandpa Cheney has stuck that speech up on the firdge at the White House.