Monday, March 06, 2006

A Note About the New Tag Cloud

I'm very excited about the new tag cloud, there on the right, that lets you click on a word and bring up the most recent posts about that word.

Because of the limitations of the blog's feed, however, remember that this cloud only goes back about ten or fifteen posts from when it was created. So if you click on, say, "iPod" today you will only get four posts. And you know I have written a lot more than that on iPods.

The cloud will start tracking accurately from this day forward. To go backward, the most reliable way to search is the Technorati search box immediately to the right of the newest post.

In my experience, the Blogger search in the top left is fairly unreliable. I don't know why.


2 comments:

gina said...

Oo, I'm in the tag cloud!

That's very neat. I'll have to look into that for my site. You're my neat-stuff connection, Mike.

Michael Markowitz said...

Gina, if I had a tag cloud around me you'd be in that one, too! :-)

I felt bad putting the Sawyer/Jack film up... That really should have been in your blog.