Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Origami Project is Finally Unfolded


Microsoft has finally revealed its little computery touchscreeny tablety thingy, and it's cool. It isn't a phone, though, so I don't know how useful it is as a thing I would carry everywhere as my one device.

If there were universal free wi-fi, of course, you could just use Skype or Vonage, but the phone companies have successfully blocked that.

Oh, sorry, I should say phone company, as in just one. I'm so glad the government broke Ma Bell up, so they could all get rich getting back together. Oh, well... the bright side is we have much cooler phones now, and we no longer have to rent them. But I digress.

Anyway, it is a pretty neat device, and I'd love to play with one... especially if Mac made it. It's XP, so it seems a little yesterday-ish.

What's weird is that it apparently comes with Sling software, which must mean that you can view your home TV programs on it. Yet, on the "Entertain" page, the guy is happily playing Sudoku. Oh, boy... they really know how to show off the power of the thing! It does everything paper and pencil do!

No comments: