Friday, March 17, 2006

Podcast Playlists

It's a bit maddening that iTunes doesn't deal with podcasts as if they were playlists. Therefore you have to make your own if you want to listen to podcasts on the go with your iPod without stopping after each one.

Smart playlists are perfect for podcasts. I have a "Podcast" playlist, where genre is "podcast" and then I just play it on shuffle.

You can also set them up with fields for album or artist, just the way you would for music.

I also have podcast playlists called "Podcasts Under Five Minutes" and "Podcasts Between Five and Fifteen" and "Podcasts Between Fifteen and Thirty" so I can always hit a podcast that's the right length for the activity I'm about to begin.

If you've never made a smart playlist, don't be afraid to play around with the fields and experiment. The more creative you are, the more you can customize your experience.

No comments: