Thursday, March 23, 2006

Snakes on a Plane

The other day I was trying to reach something on the back of the top shelf in my storeroom. It was just past my fingertips. I was straining to get it, and I said, to no one in particular, "I want these motherfucking snakes off the motherfucking plane!"

And I snagged it.

(Hey, you say a lot of dumb things when you're alone.)

The point is, that is a catchphrase that's been flying around the Net of late, inspired by the movie with the greatest title ever, Snakes on a Plane. Now, according to the Hollywood Reporter, thanks to this intense fan interest, they've done some reshoots for the movie and added, among other things, Sam Jackson saying that awesome line.

I love it.

3 comments:

gina said...

LOL, that is awesome. Both your story and that they've re-shot stuff to include the line.

Ellen said...

I am SO there!

My family and I have this little movie joke. Whenever a character in a film utters the name of said film, we lean over and whisper, "We've got title."

Although mostly we just tap each other knowingly, because we hate talking in the movie theatre.

Ellen said...

Okay, I was curious and Googled this and couldn't believe how much stuff I found.

I can't believe this whole thing passed me by. I found an amazing bunch of stuff on Wikipedia, which you've no doubt already seen.

Thanks for posting this.