Friday, April 14, 2006

Next Time You Want to Make Fun of Ryan Seacrest...

...just watch an episode of American Inventor. I've always liked Matt Gallant on Animal Planet, but his "I'm talking to a six-year-old" delivery, which seems so "right" there, is so irritating on AI that I want to throw something at the screen. The more you watch the guys who host The Bachelor and Temptation Island and Beauty and the Geek and so forth, the more you appreciate just how good guys like Ryan and Jeff Probst and Phil Keoghan are.

2 comments:

Paul Israelson said...

Speaking of Ryan Seacrest, whatever happened to that other guy who was his cohost the first season of American Idol?

Another Andrew Ridgely?

Michael Markowitz said...

I saw him on some cable show, and he was spinning it like it was his decision to leave, to pursue "other opportunities" and he doesn't regret it in the least. I was open-mouthed. I mean, I can maybe buy that it was his decision, OR that he doesn't regret it... but not BOTH!