Monday, April 24, 2006

Sprint Misses a Marketing Opportunity

Last week, for what seems like the thousandth time, I realized I didn't know where my cell phone was. I couldn't find it in the house, or in the car. Did I drop it at the Grove? Did it fall out of the car when I got out? Should I call Sprint and have it shut off?

And it was set on vibrate, so when I called it, I couldn't hear it ring. I had to keep calling it, keep it buzzing, until I was finally close enough to sense its presence. (It had slid into the couch... bastard phone.)

So when I heard that Sprint had a GPS tracking service so parents could locate their wayward or missing children, I thought, hmmmmmm... If I had that, then with a few mouseclicks, at least I would have known that my phone was en casa, and then I could have relaxed, knowing it would turn up.

But it's $9.99 a month. And that's a lot of money. Not too steep for finding a child, but too steep for those of us who don't have children, but would still like to occasionally know where our cell phone's run off to.

No comments: