Wednesday, April 05, 2006

When You Look Into the TV Lobster, the TV Lobster Looks Into You


In the Beginning, He made the Tit Lobster, and He saw that it was good.

Then came the terrifying Furry Lobster, the scary Giant Lobster, the comforting Plush Lobster, and the to-serve-man RoboLobster.

Now, finally, a TV Lobster. No, not a Lobster that enjoys an alternative lifestyle... an actual 10" LCD TV with a plush lobstery shape around it. Oh, they call it a crab, but I think we all know it's a lobster trying to pass.

(The company also makes cow, pig, dog, zebra and other animal TV's if you're so inclined.)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hanspree just opened their retail space in San Francisco, near Union Square - I don't know what their sales numbers are, but it sure looks like a deserted storefront where whimsical tvs go to die...

Michael Markowitz said...

Well, it's a cute but counterintuitive product, since plush things are meant to be cuddled by children, but TV's are not. So, it's purely decorative... but as a 10" TV it's kinda small, so... I'm not sure I get it. But I appreciate their trying. And their giving me another excuse for a lobster post.