Thursday, May 04, 2006

CBS and ABC Online: An Unscientific Review

I briefly tried both ABC's and CBS's online offerings today, just to get the flavor of each.

The clear winner of the two was ABC.com. The dreamy interface made selecting Lost or Alias easy... although I was definitely aware I was streaming, and not in control. And I really wanted to go full-screen. Still, you can't beat the price: free.

CBS.com's new service, Innertube, crashed Firefox and Safari on my Mac, and Firefox and Opera on my PC, so I have no idea if it's any good. At crashing it's great. Still, they're very new, so we'll cut them some slack.

My favorite is still NBC and ABC on iTunes. I like the quality, the portability, the pause and rewind, and I don't mind paying for it.

1 comment:

Sean Tisdall said...

Why should a form of content more likely to present advertisemt that gets watched seem like a chore to networks?