Friday, May 12, 2006

LicketyShip.com

Few departed web services are as fondly remembered as Kozmo. I used to love this service. You could call them and have a friendly delivery person bring over a rental movie along with some snacks, drinks, an MP3 player, and even a wrapped hostess gift for the dinner you were going to that night. It was awesome.

Now the man behind Kozmo is trying a similar-but-more-ingenious idea again, according to TechCrunch. Place an order with LicketyShip from more than 20,000 items, and they'll dispatch local couriers to local retailers to buy the stuff for you, all for about $20. I don't know about you, but there are a lot of days I'd pay twenty bucks not to have to go to the mall.

LicketyShip is about to start a beta in the Silicon Valley area. You can sign up at their website. I hope it succeeds, because I'd love for this to spread nationwide.

No comments: