Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Qwest and Bob Woodward

I get no discounts or benefits for suggesting you switch to Qwest for your long distance service. Let's get that out of the way first of all.

But a month ago I switched to Qwest, as a small "thank you" for not knuckling under to the pressure from the Bush administration. I have to say, I was stunned at how inexpensive and reliable it is: Twenty bucks a month, unlimited long-distance calling. That's VOIP rates without the computer.

And speaking of the NSA wiretapping, I'd be remiss if I didn't take the opportunity to point out what every news outlet seems to have forgotten, and what the White House would like you to forget:

1. The New York Times did not reveal the existence of the NSA wiretapping program in 2005. President Bush did in 2001, and Bob Woodward -- perhaps even with Bush as his source -- wrote about it in 2002, in Bush at War. Read about it here.

2. The New York Times did not "leak" the bank-tapping story, they reported it, as did other papers. Those who leaked it are the ones who might have broken a law... just as Karl Rove, Dick Cheney and Scooter Libby did.

No comments: