Wednesday, July 05, 2006

RocketBuhBye


The Amanda-less Rocketboom has been dreary lately. I assumed she was on vacation. Turned out she was fired by her partner. If you are unfamiliar with Rocketboom, this is like Conan or Dave simply vanishing from their shows one day.

More than 300,000 viewers, by very conservative estimates, made Amanda Congdon a daily ritual. That's as many viewers as Paula Zahn or Anderson Cooper has. I can't imagine why Rocketboom would tamper with success, or think something so personality-driven and personal could survive something so ugly, but hey, whattaya gonna do? They've sure lost me.

I am a big fan of Amanda's, and I watched her faithfully every day. I hope I soon get to do it somewhere else. Meanwhile you can see her heartfelt message to her viewers at Unboomed.

No comments: