Monday, November 06, 2006

Another Thought About the "Bold Moves" Commercial

I've written before about the "bold moves" ad where the woman at the drive-through dry cleaners asks the woman to give the guy in the next car her card... because he looks hunky. I suggested that this was a good way to meet serial rapists without having to go to all the bother of walking naked through alleys.

I know I'm obsessed with this ad, but I did have another thought about how it could end. The woman in the dry cleaner, the one who gives a knowing look? I think she pockets the card and says nothing to the guy. Then, after closing, she goes down to the basement where she unchains her twin leatherfaced sons, gives them machetes and the card, and hisses, "Kill the whore!"

5 comments:

peeky said...

This morning I went to a drive-through IN & OUT burger and gave a copy of my house keys to the window person to give to whomever happened to be in the car behind me. I couldn't make out who the person was because there was too much glare. Anyway, just for a kick, right? I'm very curious to see who shows up later! If you don't hear from me tomorrow, please call the police, the state police, and the FBI.

(p.s. the above isn't really true; there aren't any IN & OUTs in NYC)

Michael Markowitz said...

Peeky, you are the coolest.

By the way, you might not have In & Out, but don't feel bad: We don't have Dunkin Donuts.

Besides -- and people may think I'm crazy -- I actually like Wendy's better than In & Out. And Outback is the one burger to rule them all.

And on my way out of a full service gas station I gave the attendant my MacBook... Is that wrong?

Anonymous said...

OUTBACK!? can that possibly be true?

Michael Markowitz said...

It's possible my judgment is clouded by the intoxication of the Bloomin' Onion

norm said...

I guess I'm lucky to live in the Bay Area.
We have all the above mentioned establishments.
But my favorite burger is the "Carol Doda" burger at Bill's Place on Clement St. in San Francisco.
Two monster meat patties, each topped with an olive.
It's an experience...