Thursday, December 14, 2006

How Come You Taste So Good?

I am in the throes of a dilemma: My brown sugar is always harder than AP Physics.

I needed help, so I hit the tubes and went to the websites of two sugar behemoths, figuring they'd know.

From the Domino Sugar website: "Brown sugar should be stored in an airtight container in a cool spot or in the refrigerator."

From the C&H Sugar website: "Store it in a cool, moist area in a covered container... Don’t store brown sugar in the refrigerator."

Airtight and cold? Covered and room temp? My oatmeal awaits your expertise, Nation.

3 comments:

Sydelle Pearl said...

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/home/improvements/41697-Brown-Sugar-Disks-3.html

Anonymous said...

Tupperware always works for me.

Michael Markowitz said...

I've been foodsaver-ing, but I'll try both and report back. Thanks!