Wednesday, February 07, 2007

At Home Before (First in a Series)

Here's what I believe happened in the homes of many of the American Idol wannabes, right before they left for the venue:


AUDITIONER
This is it! Time to go!

FRIEND
One thing, and don't take this the wrong way... but what if they don't like you?

AUDITIONER
Oh, they're gonna like me.

FRIEND
I know that! But weird things happen on that show. What if they don't like you? Won't you look stupid?

AUDITIONER
Don't worry, I'm way ahead of you. If they badmouth me and don't put me through to Hollywood, I have a plan. I thought about it for a long time, and I finally came up with the perfect thing to say. Ready?

FRIEND
Hit me.

AUDITIONER
As I walk out, I'm gonna yell over my shoulder, "Randy, Paula and Simon can kiss my ass!"

FRIEND
Oooooh!! I like it!

AUDITIONER
I know! The audience is gonna totally be, like, "Oh, SNAP!" They can take away my dream, but I will walk out of there with my dignity!



No comments: