Sunday, March 11, 2007

As Always, Doug's Apple Scripts Comes Through

I asked iTunes to stop booting me to the podcast window after each click of the subscribe button, and they obliged. So I suppose it was too much to hope they'd address my number one complaint: the way podcasts keep expiring, forcing you to resubscribe and resubscribe and resubscribe and resubscribe and--

You know what I mean. It's as if your mailman kept peeking in your bathroom window, noticing your magazines were piling up, and cancelling your magazine subscriptions. Unacceptable on so many levels.

Well, leave it to the indispensable Doug's Apple Scripts to solve the problem, as they do with so many iTunes and iPod issues. Update Expired Podcasts 1.0 does just that. It's one of hundreds of neat scripts that (as I've said before) you'll try and then find you can't live without. And they're all free. (Of course, donating is good for the soul.)

No comments: