Friday, June 01, 2007

Okay, Start Slingin'




I know, I know, I keep kvelling about the Slingbox. Like I did here. And here.

But it's just so great.

Right now I'm out on the patio, working. And when I want to take a break, I switch over to the keeps-getting-better SlingPlayer and catch a couple of minutes of MSNBC. (Whereas formerly my breaks took me to the danger zone of the comfy sofa.) Then, once the war news has elevated my blood pressure sufficiently, it's back to work.

Of course you may opt to watch more pleasant fare. Or a DVD. Or whatever. And you can watch the TV in your home from anywhere in the world. And that also means that, while you're sitting in your office, you can program your DVR for that show you forgot to record. Just click the onscreen remote and it's like you're there.

And if you don't need the new Slingboxes with their schmancy HD and so on, I just saw the original Slingbox at an Office Depot for $90!

So whattaya waiting for??

(And when I say, "whattaya waiting for?" I'm not just speaking to those of you who haven't bought Slingboxes. I'm also talking to the good folks at Slingmedia: Would it kill you guys to send me a Slingbox Pro you might have lying around? Or at least some swagola? How 'bout a little somethin', y'know, for the effort?)


No comments: