Saturday, July 21, 2007

"You're Gonna Have More Bears Goin' After People, Dave!! Do the Math!!"

When I heard the tragic story several weeks ago of the child who was killed by a bear, I was absolutely certain there was nothing about the story I would ever find funny. Bill O'Reilly quickly proved me wrong, with a "Threatdown" against bears.

I've been enjoying this clip over and over ever since. I was sure it would become a meme -- after all, this is Bill O'Reilly becoming the very thing Colbert parodies -- but it hasn't.

Watch this amazing interview, wherein O'Reilly is absolutely certain that this bear was no ordinary bear, but rather a cunning, deliberate murderer, the leading edge of a bloodthirsty bear army's advance.

The more the bear expert says that's simply not possible, the more paranoid and exasperated Billo gets. By the time he reaches full-bore hysteria, your jaw will be heading floorward.


3 comments:

Carrie M. said...

Uh oh! I live in the Adirondacks (for real). Should I be scared? ;) Thanks Bill!

Michael Markowitz said...

You're safe, as long as whenever there's a bear around you wear a "Canada" T-shirt.

These are Al Qaeda bears who hate us for our freedom. And our pic-a-nic baskets.

The Crutnacker said...

One errant stingray kills Steve Irwin and we can't even get Bill-o in a swimming pool. That's the real tragedy.

The worst part about Bill O'Reilly is that unlike Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh, there is no sense that this is all an act.

He seems like a miserable man.