Sunday, August 12, 2007

Here's How Pervasive and Unavoidable Spoilers Have Become

I have never read a Harry Potter book nor seen a Harry Potter movie.

Nor have I ever read a single article ever about Harry Potter, nor watched a single news report about Harry Potter. I've never talked Harry Potter with a fan.

Nothing against all of you, I simply have no interest. But I instantly turn off anything about Harry Potter because someday I might want to read the books.

So I deliberately avoid everything Potter-related.

And yet, I KNOW HOW "DEATHLY HALLOWS" ENDS!!! By sheer cultural osmosis!

How is that possible???

1 comment:

stephanie murphy said...

Mike, my long lost Tight Circler! I feel exactly the same way about Harry Potter. But two weeks ago I found myself in Target, in front of the Harry Potter section, and picked up the latest book and read the last page. Just to save some time. It's going to be all I can do to not to tell my nephews how it ends!

I hope this finds you well!