Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm Burned Out on D.J. Assholica

I just downloaded the hotly-anticipated (at least by me) Burnout Paradise demo, and realized to my horror that EA had taken the only awful thing about the SSX series and grafted it onto the Burnout series:

that really, really annoying D.J.

This guy (or, rather, others like him) had made it impossible to enjoy my virtual snowboarding, and now he was yammering away on my pretend car radio, with no off switch.

Well, the good news is, he does have an off switch: just go to options and turn off "Tips." Yeah, it should be an audio option, but turns out this idiot is annoying even in the abstract.

Anyway, flick that option and EA will kindly shove a wet towel in his mouth, so you can enjoy your mayhem in peace. See you at the Wharf!



2 comments:

norm said...

So....it would be a bad idea to get that DJ guy to do a really loud obnoxious voice-over (in Simlish) for the next MySims game?

I ask because I'm right next to our EP and he's asking for good ideas and I just thought.....

Michael Markowitz said...

Norm, I can't believe I'm just answering you NOW! I certainly hope the EP is no longer next to you. If he is, of course... er... not that there's anything wrong with that...

Anyway, as for the Simlish: If I hear any other male voice but the inimitable (and dapper) Stephen Kearin, there will be hell to pay!

Speaking of your workplace... Someone there ruined the Halo series forever after Halo 2 by making the "melee" (what you or I would call a "punch") the most deadly, unanswerable weapon in the online arsenal. You can lob grenades at someone, empty four clips of ammo in his face... meanwhile he walks up to you, slaps your cheek and you die.

I'm a law-abiding person, but if you find that person and hurt him/her, I will reward you handsomely.