Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Favorite Movie

More than twenty years ago, I first saw Chuck Workman's short film Precious Images. I've been a movie lover all my life, and this masterpiece really got to me. It went on to win the Oscar.

I begged everyone I knew then or had ever known before to nab me a VHS tape of it. I finally got one, and in the last twenty years I've watched that tape over a thousand times. It always inspires me.

Well, yesterday I realized the tape was finally, officially, a goner. Thank goodness for the Internet, because now I have a non-deteriorating copy, and a corner of the Web in which to store it and share it.

Now if Workman's Writers Guild Foundation tribute, Words, were only available online, I'd post it, too. Precious Images and Words make our argument better, I think, than the picket lines do.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks also for posting about the Rocket Grill--it's changed my life!

TimWarp

Michael Markowitz said...

LOL! You're welcome. I'm so glad to hear that about the Rocket Grill. It's one of those things that's hard to explain, but easy to love.