Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm Just Saying...

I am certain that Hillary Clinton does not want to see Barack Obama assassinated. She obviously never meant to say that. She was trying to say what she has said repeatedly: "Anything can happen."

But there's nothing good that could happen to Obama that would end his candidacy, or make delegates flee from him. So the "something" that Senator Clinton keeps saying might "happen" is something bad for Obama. Let's be real here: she's hoping for something bad to happen to Barack Obama. That it's not assassination doesn't make it right.

------------------------------------

I hear it over and over: "Not counting the Michigan and Florida votes disenfranchises those voters."

Um... No, it doesn't. It overenfranchises them, for lack of a better word. Counting the votes disenfranchises those who didn't vote because they were told the election wouldn't count. And that's not fair.

------------------------------------

"If we leave Iraq now, we will have no chance of winning. We will be defeated, and it will all have been for nothing." That is the rationale for staying in Iraq, and we hear it over and over.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: That is exactly the same logic that has driven every gambling addict. "Sure I'm down ten thousand, but if I leave the table now I'll have no chance of getting it back. You gott be in it to win it."

It's idiotic and illogical of course. That's why they call it "throwing good money after bad." Only in the case of Iraq, it's not just money, it's blood.

------------------------------------

Every time Hillary Clinton misspeaks -- and she has done it a lot, I think we can agree -- her excuse is always that she was tired. So how is it that she'd be the best one to answer the phone at 3 am?
------------------------------------

Thanks, I just had to get those off my chest.

No comments: