Thursday, June 05, 2008

Duckman Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD



Since someone else brought it up -- unpaid, I swear! -- I'll take this moment to plug the impending, long-awaited Duckman DVD set.  I'm excited that this show that I'm so proud of will finally be available to its twisted fans.  

I hope seasons 1 & 2 sell well, since many of my favorite episodes are in seasons 3 & 4.   We had a loyal audience of roughly a million viewers, so I call upon each and every one of you to buy one for you and one for a friend.  (I just accidentally typed "one for a fiend"... and without thinking I cackled like the Crypt Keeper as I corrected it.  Just a little glimpse into what my days are like.)

I will also point out, for the record, that I can engage in this plugola in good conscience, since I don't receive a single shekel for the DVD sales.  Duckman was produced back before animation started to make its way out of the wilderness and into the WGA tent.  

And since I'm obviously not one of the folks doing a commentary track for the DVD's, if you have any questions that I might be able to answer please feel free to post them in the comments, and I'll respond if I can.  Also, if any of the other Duckman veterans -- Howard, are you there? -- read this blog they can chime in, too, and fill in my increasingly spotty memory.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect timing...I just finished reading PASSED AROUND BY THE MOHEGANS last night! I will be cyber-rancing over to Amazon.com to get my set today! In my heart of hearts, you're getting $44 of every set sold.

Lisa Moricoli-Latham said...

Finally, the great DUCKMAN is out! Did the Zappa Estate relent, or has something frozen over?

Ry Jones said...

I am so glad this is happening.

The big question is - what happens for Episode 71? How were you going to wrap up the cliffhanger?

I'm hoping they record episode 71 as an extra - just to wrap the series up. I've been watching my DVDs of this for years; it will be nice to see good, digital transfers.

God, I hope they do good transfers.

Did they do good transfers?

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

2 piggyback off of the previous comment there really needs 2 be a conclusion 2 the cliff hanger. the fans are owed that much in all truth.