Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some Recent Tweets Worth Re-Tweeting

(By the way, please know that when I do these Re-tweet posts it's not because I think the tweets are such treasures. I do it at the request of some readers who aren't on Twitter. And please forgive me if this looks like a list of Larry-King-style one-liners. A blog I've mentioned before that I loathe does it and... well, I loathe it. And why am I apparently obsessed with Mika Brzezinski?! Anyway, that's all. Please to enjoy.)

"I Park Like an Idiot" stickers are essential glove compartment gear. http://www.iparklikeanidiot.com

Idol: "No one goes near Police songs?!" Shawn Colvin did pretty great with that very song. Alanis no slouch either with King of Pain.

I have same question as Jon Stewart:Why doesnt gov just pay people's mortgages? Banks get money anyway and it's pre-streeted.

Sonoma has been unseasonably hot, while Sarah Shahi has been unreasonably hot.


More sad proof of Idiocracy: When Charles Van Doren won on Twenty One he made cover of Time. When Ken Jennings won on Jeopardy he got nerd jokes.

Morning Joe idiots dismiss hi-speed LA/LV rail as pork? Rail would create jobs & tourism AND save lives. The 15 is a congested deathtrap. (2/18/09)

Considering MSNBC weather map ends at the Rockies it's no surprise the Morning Joe panel has no clue about the dire need for LA-Vegas train.

Lisa Myers report on stimulus on Morning Joe so one-sided and unfair if news were baseball she'd be suspended and fined. (2/18/09)

If Office Depot didn't exclude tech from its discounts I would spend literally thousands of dollars there instead of elsewhere.

Thinking evernote and shovebox can be combined w/ rule to email every shove to evernote. Should be simple automator action, yes?

(By the way, if anyone has written such a script or action, please share.)

Great organizers and accessories for moms. http://www.trulymom.com

If anyone else is watching True Beauty -- I know, I know -- what the frick is that under Laura's arm? How can anyone who has THAT be vain?!

Under her arm is either a ghastly tattoo, a ghastly perspiration mark, or a ghastly implant scar.

I bah humbugged all day Valentine's Day, yet was NOT visited by three lusty ghosts. It was worth a try.

Best moments on Morning Joe: When Mika gets glassy-eyed, hypnotized by her own image in monitor like a cross between Narcissus and a chicken

I just saw TMZ for the first time. It's apparently a reality show where a roomful of people compete for the title "Biggest A-hole."

1 out of 5 dentists recommend sugary gum for patients who chew gum. Remember that when Republicans say some economists agree with them.

Do you think those two hilarious and devastating SNL parodies have finally made Kathie Lee realize how preposterous and reviled she is?

Opened Firefox, some extensions had updates, they finished updating and then it asked "Continue?" Under what circumstances would I say no?

Reduce Your Rent With This Simple Letter (Lifehacker): http://tinyurl.com/bq22pa

If Mika Brzezinski wants to direct a TV show she should take a leave of absence and do it. If not she should STFU and stop barking on MJ.

I believe in the Jack Bauer rule: Torture is illegal. Period. If it will save lives do it... AND accept the legal consequences afterward.

Calling a wetlands program "money for a rat" is like calling a farm bill "money for a plant."

If you're a former New Yorker living in L.A., please please I beg you: move back to New York or shut up about New York.

NYers in LA call it "out here." Like its friggin Dances With Wolves. It's not "out here" it's HERE

The wedge salad! Lettuce allowed to be itself, unfettered and uncrowded.

The women on TRUE BEAUTY are sixes at best.

I'm worried about Jane Seymour. She seems to be obsessively painting the same heart shape over and over on canvas after canvas.

Paul F. Tompkins is too hilarious to be a real person. I suspect he's a Muppet.

No comments: