Wednesday, July 15, 2009

First in a Series: Strange Things I Own

I've been doing my spring cleaning for about eight or nine years now, without much success. Especially because when I clean I get distracted by finding stuff that I initially bought or nabbed because, well, they were weird. So as I find some of them I'll share them with you.


First up: A doll I bought because it was, I thought, the scariest friggin' thing I've ever seen. I fully expect to wake up one night and find it skittering around the floor wielding a knife.

And what's really weird is that, according to the tag, the facial expression is considered a selling point. Whereas to me it's more of a rictus of terror... as if a little girl were screaming at the instant she was shrunken and transformed forever into a doll that would be frozen and silenced forever, but could still feel pain. But hey, that's me.




No comments: